The new Aura DAC is a USB DAC capable of decoding DSD and PCM audio files up to 11.6MHz/1bit and 192KHz/24bit (respectively).
To use the Aura with iOS devices just connect your Aura DAC to any iOS device using Apple’s Camera Connection Kit (CCK).
*Please note that it only the official Apple CCK, generic variants will not recognize the device.
USING the AURA with Android Devices
Android devices are a little bit trickier.
While you can plug the Aura directly into most Android Phones/tablets, your device has to be OS 4.2.2 (or higher) in order to work with the Aura.
Both can be found on the Google Play Store.
• Nexus 5, 6 & 9
• Samsung Galaxy Note 2, 3, 4 & Edge
• Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, S5 & S6
• Sony Xperia - Z1, Z1c, Z2, Z2c, Z3, Z3c, Z4, Z4c, Z5 & Z5c
• LG Optimus G Pro
• LG G2, G3, G4, G Flex2
• HTC One X, M7, M8, M9
• Motorola Moto G (Gen 1,2,3) & Moto X (Gen 1,2)
• ASUS Padfone S
Partial Compatibility (Audio Works, Volume Buttons don’t work):
• HP Slate 7 Extreme tablet
• Asus MemoPad 7 ME70CX
• Galaxy S4 Mini
• LG Nexus 4
• Asus Memo 7' ME173X / ME176C
• Samsung Galaxy SII
USING the AURA with MAC OS X
To use the Aura with your Mac OS X Computer, you will need to use the included USB Micro —> USB Type-A adapter.
Mac OS X 10.6 and above natively supports USB Audio Class 2.0. What this means is setting up your Aura is a breeze!
1. Go to System Preferences > Sound. Select Cyberdrive Audio Driver Output :
2. Go to Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup:
3. Set the audio output to the desired sample rate (Use 2ch-24bit, Programs like Vox Player will dynamically adjust your Frequency Output):
To get the most out of your Aura DAC with the Mac OS X, we once again recommend the using Vox Player, made by our friends over at Coppertino.
Just go to http://coppertino.com/vox/mac to download the latest version.
USING the AURA with WINDOWS
To use the Aura with your Windows Computer, you will need to use the included USB Micro —> USB Type-A adapter.
1. Connect the Aura to an available USB port on your computer using the included Micro USB to Type-A Adapter.
2. Download and unzip the driver. Save this to a known location on your PC, such as the Desktop. Click on 'Cyberdrive Audio Driver v3.12.0.exe':
3. Click Next to install the new USB driver, then click Install to start the update:
4. Allow the update to progress, then click Next and Finish to complete the installation:
5. Go to the Sound menu in Control Panel, and ensure that Aura DAC is set as the playback device:
6. Go to the Speakers Properties of the Aura DAC and choose the sample rate output. (For most users we recommend 44,100Hz / 24bit)
We are currently in the process of developing our very own Hi-Res Audio player which will be optimized for our full line of Upcoming DACs.
We'll let you know more about this soon!
In the meantime we recommend using Foobar2000.
Just go to http://www.foobar2000.org/ to download the latest version
If you have any questions, please use the button below to contact us.